PR Interviews - mp3
Celebrity Duets PR
on Celebrity Duets
- TV Guide - 11 September 2006 - brief article about a show called Crossroads and a brief mention about Celebrity Duets (in particular Lucy and Smokey) - they include the gorgeous promo pic of Lucy.
- Daily News (US) 31 August 2006 Fox's 'Duets' Is Music To Our Ears... Apparently, though, the third time's the charm. "Celebrity Duets" has all the right ingredients - good premise, likable host, well-selected talent and judges - and should get even more enjoyable quickly as participants and judges find their rhythms and sea legs.
- Entertainment Weekly 8 September 2006 about the Thursday's Duets show - Promo pic of Lucy included in the scan
- RedOrbit - Television Watch This!FRIDAY SEPT. 8 ** One of seven celebrities is getting sent home tonight in the first "Celebrity Duets" results show at 9 p.m. on WFXT (Ch. 25). All we can say is it better not be Lucy Lawless. Come on "Xena" fans, it's time to rock the vote.
People Magazine 4 September 2006 - So You Think You Can Sing
Celebrity Duets PR - Scans of Lucy with the rest of the cast.
- NZ Herald - 2 September 2006 Xena's singing impresses on US reality TV show Lucy Lawless has gone from belting out battle cries as Xena to belting out classic hits on American reality TV. The former star of Xena Warrior Princess this week debuted on Celebrity Duets, alongside a pro wrestler, an Olympic gymnast, various comedians and the dorky cousin Carlton Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Boston Herald - 29 August 2006 Not ‘Xena’-phobic: Ex-warrior princess Lawless changes tune for ‘Duets’ Tuesday, August 29, 2006 Lucy Lawless has always had a free-fall approach to her career. ‘‘I’m addicted to free fall,” Lawless said during a recent phone interview. ‘‘I’ve flamed out horribly a number of times in life.” But the former warrior princess is banking that her participation in ‘‘Celebrity Duets” (premiering tonight at 8 on WFXT, Ch. 25) won’t be one of those times.
Click here to read the rest of the article
Entertainment Weekly 30 August 2006 Great interview with EW Online about Lucy's song choices in her audition "I will Survive" and "''I'm an Old Cowhand From Rio Grande.'' (Lucy performed this song on the Rosie O'Donnell Show back in 1996 and got her chance to star as Rizzo in Grease! in 1997 because of that song).
Click here to read the interview on EW
- Celebrity Duets: An Inside Look TV Guide Online 29 August 2006
You've seen them dance. You've seen them lose weight. You've even seen them ice-skate. Now it's time for celebrities to grab a mike and start singing. The contestants on Fox's Celebrity Duets will have a little help from well-known recording artists such as Clint Black, Macy Gray and Chaka Khan, so we're hoping the audience will be spared the torture of another William Hung. But with Simon Cowell wearing the executive-producer hat, anything is possible. click here to read more
- TV Guide (US) 28 August - 3 September 2006 American Idol meets Dancing With The Stars in Simon Cowell's latest brainchild
- Official Press Release by Fox 15 August 2006 About Celebrity Duets
- Variety Magazine - 15 August 2006 'Stars' and 'Duets' dip into talent pool
- Mercury News - 15 August 2006 Who's singing on Fox's "Celebrity Duets''?
- Entertainment Weekly 15 August 2006 t's never too early to start handicapping this fall's most squirm-worthy, Darwinian reality competitions. Let's start with Celebrity Duets, which debuts Aug. 29 on Fox.
- Zap2It 15 August 2006 Thompson, Lawless Do 'Duets' for FOX -- We know from "Xena" that Lucy Lawless can belt out a battle cry. But can she sing? And for that matter, can Lea Thompson or Cheech Marin?
- TV Guide Online - 15 August 2006 - Xena, Carlton, Queer Guy and Cheech Just Duet
Return to Lucy Lawless Filmography/Credits
Return to AUSXIP - Lucy Lawless Files * AUSXIP - Australian Xena Information Page