LUCY'S SPRING CLEANING FOR STARSHIP
UPDATE: 08 September 2010
Added Lucy's Green Silk Dress auction details - see below
UPDATE: 06 September 2010:
Added Lucy's Dangerous Prey costume auction details - see below
01 September 2010
Received the following from Starship ! Don't you just love Lucy's sense of humour! Updated to include the High Res Lucy Photo - Many thanks to Starship for the image!.
LUCY'S SPRING CLEANING FOR STARSHIP!
And she wants you to get stuck in too We know you love Lucy and we love her too - and now Lucy's throwing her support behind our latest fundraising appeal, Starship Spring Clean. Our amazing Starship ambassador has cleaned out her wardrobe and given us an exclusive collection of five outfits she wore in the show that made her an international superstar - Xena Warrior Princess. Check out the end of this email for a description of Lucy's costumes up for auction. Now is your chance to bid on these authentic items - and support one of Lucy's favourite causes in the process - Starship Children's Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand.
Starship is New Zealand's national children's hospital and treats close to 150,000 children each year from around New Zealand at the Pacific. Currently Starship is raising money to rebuild its level 6 Neuroservices and Medical Specialties wards, which treat some of the rarest and most critically ill children from around the country. "Get stuck in for Starship," says Lucy. "Visit www.trademe.co.nz/starship"
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS FIRST IF YOU ARE AN OVERSEAS FANS AND WOULD LIKE TO BID ON THE ITEMS
You can only bid on the Starship Spring Clean if you have a New Zealand bank account, but, if you live outside of New Zealand and wish to bid on these exclusive items, we can help!
Here's what you need to do:
- Check out www.trademe.co.nz/starship and work out which item(s) you want to bid on.
- Email the auction item number and description, your opening bid and credit card details to email@example.com and we will place a bid on your behalf if your specified amount is above the current bid. If you would prefer to phone us with your credit card details, please phone (+64-9-307 4957)
- For your credit card details, we require: type of card, card number, name on card, expiry date
- Then, keep an eye on the auction you are interested in, and continue to email any bid amounts through to the above email address.
- Although every effort will be made to place a bid on your behalf, we unfortunately cannot guarantee this.
- Due to international time differences, bids may not be placed immediately. They will be placed, however, in the order they are received, and assuming the current bid has not exceeded your specified bid amount.
- At the conclusion of the auction, if you are the winning bidder, your payment will be processed on the credit card details you provided. You will be notified of your purchase and we will send it out to you.
- All other credit card details will be destroyed.
Xena outfit worn by Lucy Lawless in 'Here she comes... Miss Amphipolis'
One of Gabrielle's original dresses from the fantasy scene in 'If the Shoe Fits' (Season 4, 1998-1999), where Gabrielle lives out her Cinderella dream.
One of Xena's more saucy costumes worn in the episode 'Who's Gurkhan' (Season 6, 2000-2001) where Xena and Gabrielle pose as members of a harem.
|Xena kit: worn by Lucy Lawless in Dangerous Prey
Current bid: $450.00
**remember if you live outside NZ you can still bid. Click here to find out how - via Starship***
This authentic Xena outfit from the episode Dangerous Prey (Season 6, 2000-2001) will have you playing your very own warrior princess part in the living room.
Generously donated by Starship ambassador Lucy Lawless. Get into character with this revealing two piece brown suede and leather two piece featuring bodice, waist wrap, wrist wraps and arm band. Your purchase of this item will go directly to the kids at Starship!
Lucy Green Silk Dress
Current Bid: $600 (Reserve has been met)
This stunning green silk dress was worn by Lucy for the NATPE industry convention in New Orleans in 1997. Made just for Lucy, we can't guarantee the size, but we would guess around a New Zealand 8-10.