'Crazy cast' take to lake for TV series – NZ Herald 24 Feb 2012
Top of the Lake, a six-part TV drama series for BBC Two and the Sundance Channel, has started filming in Queenstown and Central Otago. It's written and directed by Oscar winner Jane Campion and stars Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss as a detective looking for a pregnant 12-year-old girl who goes missing.
Holly Hunter, who worked with Campion on The Piano, also stars in the mini-series alongside Robyn Malcolm and Lucy Lawless, who took to Twitter to describe the shoot.
"High times with the crazy women on the lake," Lawless tweeted this week.
"They've all been here a month but so kind and nutty, I fit right in."
She added: "That was the most astonishing day of filming I've ever had! What a nutty bunch. Campion sure knows how to pick 'em."
Malcolm was a little less revelatory. "It's gunna [sic] be amazing telly."
Check out more related news about the mini-series on AUSXIP Lucy Lawless Top of the Lake Subsite
- 21 - Photo of Lucy from the Mini-Series Top of the Lake
- 21 - Lucy Talks About Filming on Top Of the Lake 21 February 2012
- 21 - Top of the Lake Filming and Casting News
- 19 - Lucy Talks About Top Of The Lake Mini-Series
- 16 - Lucy Lawless Confirms Role In Jane Campion's Top Of The Lake Mini-Series
- 16 - Free Seminar: More NZ Actors on Screen Including Top Of The Lake Cast
- 04 - TVGuide - Spartacus Star Lucy Lawless is Back With a Vengeance