Image635060994352555980Following up our article Win A Lunch with Lucy Lawless and Michael Hurst! posted on 28 May, the official Q Theatre site has updated the blurb about the Lunch with Lucy and where it will be held:

A 5 course degustation menu for 8 people with wines from Poderi Crisci to match with Michael Hurst and Lucy Lawless at Non Solo Pizza. Dine with the stars- sparkling conversation, great company and backstage stories- all
matched with fabulous food and wine.

You will have to be present at the event to bid. Click here for an exclusive preview of the auction items

Book Here


One Night with Q: A mid-year fundraising gala

Wednesday, 5 June 2013, 1:44 pm
Press Release: Q Theatre

One Night with Q: A mid-year fundraising gala

On Friday 7th June, Q Theatre dresses up for the night and rolls out the red carpet to hold their first mid-year fundraising gala, to raise funds towards their development progamme Q Presents- a joint presenting venture that sees Auckland’s performing arts hotspot partner with a range of companies who are making an impact on New Zealand’s arts scene.

The fundraiser is supported by Royale Productions and some of New Zealand’s most treasured performing arts practitioners. The centrepiece is an exclusive gala performance of the acclaimed one man show ‘No Holds Bard’ by Q Theatre’s patron and Shakespeare master, Michael Hurst. Guests will have the opportunity to take part in a star-studded auction, with money can’t buy prizes, including a private performance by Michael Hurst and lunch with Lucy Lawless. The internationally acclaimed jazz virtuoso, Nathan Haines is set to play the decks while guests are wined and dined with the best from Q’s kitchens.

Q Theatre acknowledges that the arts can be a tough business when you are going it alone and they recognise the challenges involved in getting work to the stage. Q Presents encourages and supports the development of bold works by promising artists and companies who have demonstrated the determination to extend the art form in new and exciting ways. The Q Presents 2013 season includes a twisted adaptation of Shakespeare’s ‘Titus’ by Fractious Tash, the explosive percussion stage show ‘Elemental’ by Strike Percussion and a grim and gothic fairy tale, ‘The Pitchfork Disney’ by The Moving Theatre Company.

Q Theatre is Auckland's performing arts hotspot. Since opening in September 2011, Q has welcomed over 130,000 people through our doors to attend an eclectic and inspiring range of theatre, dance, comedy, music and everything in between. Q is a registered charity, and is proud to say that it generates 72% of its revenue from its programmes and activities. The remaining 28% comes from grants, gifts and donations.

One Night with Q: A mid-year fundraising gala
6pm Friday 7th June
Q Theatre, 305 Queen St, Auckland
Tickets: $200 per person
Tickets available through Q Theatre – 09 309 9771 or