Lucy is mentioned in a brief section of the New Zealand magazine Organic NZ, Jan to Feb 2012 Issue.
Lucy added her name to the growing list of New Zealanders who have signed a Greanpeace petition calling for a shift to clean sources of energy.
In November, Lucy sent me a message directed to the NZ Governement which was posted on 23 November.
Dear New Zealand Government,
I and many other New Zealanders are putting you on notice that your courting Deep Sea Oil Drillers is totally unacceptable to us.
Petrobras [the Brazilian oil company that is intending to drill for oil in up to 3100 metres of water off the East Cape, is the part-owner of an oil field northeast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where a serious oil leak has developed] already has an uncontrollable leak off their own coast which is spewing filth into their own marine environment.
Why are you giving offshore oil companies carte blanche to risk OUR fisheries, OUR coastal way of life, OUR clean green brand upon which all our premium exports rely?
Do you work for us or for them?!
Your answer, please?
The petition exists in hard copy form, and online at: http://greenpe.ac/nodeepseaoil
- 20 - Message From Greenpeace!
- 15 - AUSXIP Interviews Lucy Lawless 15 December 2011
- 14 - Lucy in Video of Oil on Canvas Rena Ghost Birds Exhibition
- 13 - Lucy Attends Rena Ghost Birds Exhibition - Oil On Canvas Photos
- 13 - Lucy Lawless Attends Rena Ghost Birds Exhibition
- 01 - Greenpeace News Update Lucy Lawless Strikes Again
- 28 - New Lucy Photo from Greenpeace No Drill No Spill
- 15 - Message From Lucy To the NZ Government
- 15 - Greenpeace: Petrobras field the source of serious deep sea oil leak off
For more on Lucy's role as Greenpeace Ambassador, check out AUSXIP Lucy Lawless Eco-Warrior Subsite