Here's an update from a reporter in Broken Hill where the Australian mini-series Code with Lucy (she plays a teacher) will be filming according to his tweet. Cockburn is a town on the border of South Australia and New South Wales near Broken Hill.
Lucy talked about the mini-series during her DragonCon weekend and also in an interview where she said:
LL: I’m doing a mini series in Australia, a political thriller called The Code. It’s about an indigenous kid in Australia who gets himself embroiled in a horrible nuclear conspiracy. The kid is going to wear all the blame for an accident that happens that’s not much to do with him. I play his teacher in the outback who’s trying to save his ass. They’re up against something way bigger than they can comprehend.
CODE, a six-hour series for ABC TV. CODE is being billed as a ''contemporary thriller stretching from the spectacular red desert of Australia's outback to the cool corridors of power''. It's the story of two very different brothers who come across a new technology that people in the highest echelons of power will kill to keep secret.
- Lucy Lawless (Spartacus),
- Dan Spielman (An Accidental Soldier, Offspring),
- Ashley Zuckerman (The Slap, Rush),
- Adam Garcia (Coyote Ugly, Bootmen),
- David Wenham (Answered by Fire, Killing Time),
- Aden Young (I Frankenstein, Rectify),
- Chelsie Preston Crayford (Mystery of a Hansom Cab, Underbelly: Razor),
- Adele Perovic (SLiDE),
- Dan Wyllie (Rake, Puberty Blues),
- Aaron Pedersen (Jack Irish, City Homicide),
- Paul Tassone (Underbelly).
For more information about Lucy’s role on Code, check out the AUSXIP Lucy Lawless Code Subsite