ATTENTION LUCY LAWLESS FANS: Okay well it's September and you know what that means - it's Starship's Spring Clean! Lucy has donated something for the auction. If you all remember what we did last year with Lucy's Xena robe - the auction was on two sites - the TradeMe site for Australian and New Zealand bidders and AUSXIP Charity site for everyone else.
Starship and Lucy would like everyone to have the opportunity to bid so once again I've become the proxy bidder on the Trademe site for everyone who bids on the AUSXIP site. It worked out really well last year. I can't tell you what Lucy donated UNTIL Monday but I can tell you - you are going to LOVE it. Guaranteed you will love it.
Recently I had to upgrade the software on the AUSXIP Charity Auction site but with the upgrade came the wipe out of everyone’s registrations. You will need to register again http://charity.ausxip.com/register.php
2016 STARSHIP SPRING CLEAN AUCTION - LUCY LAWLESS ITEM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In Association with AUSXIP NETWORK
5-30 SEPTEMBER 2016
Last updated: 3 September 2016
Please read before sending in your question - this section will be updated as required.
01. Why is the Spring Clean Auction by Starship being held on AUSXIP Charity?
02. Where did the Items come from?
03. What Date is the auction going to start and how long does the auction last?
04. Where can I go to place a bid how will the bidding work on AUSXIP & TradeMe?
05. Can you use the same password and user ID from previous auctions on AUSXIP?
06. How can I register to participate in this auction?
07. The site says "Currency is in ($) unless otherwise noted. Is this always in *NZ* dollars?
08. Once the sale is over, how do I pay for my items?
09. Where are the items going to be shipped from?
10. I have paid for my item, when will I get it?
1. Why is the Lucy Item for Spring Clean Auction by Starship being held on AUSXIP Charity?
The Starship Foundation holds their annual Spring Clean Auction on the New Zealand site Trademe.co.nz and that site allows only Australians and New Zealand residents to bid on it.
Due to Lucy Lawless' international fandom and wanting those fans to be able to bid on Lucy's donated item, AUSXIP is offering fans the opportunity to bid on Lucy's Xena Robe whether they are in Australia / New Zealand or Overseas.
Lucy Lawless has donated the item to the Starship Foundation.
3. What Date does the auction start and how long does the it last?
The auction will start on 05 September 2015 New Zealand time and end 30 September 2015 New Zealand Time
(Please refer to timeanddate.com for corresponding time in your country)
4. Where can I go to place a bid and how will the bidding work on AUSXIP & TradeMe?
You can bid on all the items in the auction by going to the AUSXIP Charity Site (goes LIVE ON Monday 5 September) (IF YOU ARE NOT FROM Australia or New Zealand)
Australian / New Zealand Fans:
If you are from Australia and New Zealand please go to http://www.trademe.co.nz/ - the link is NOT live yet.
HOW WILL THE BIDDING WORK:
MaryD will act as a proxy to all bids placed on ausxip charity site and transfer your bid to the Trademe site under the name of AUSXIPMaryD
In the event someone on the TradeMe site outbids the bidder on the ausxip charity site, Mary will place a bid under the name of TRADEMEMaryD so you know it's a bid from a bidder on TradeMe
Contact MaryD to discuss your highest bid or other matters related to this auction at: email@example.com
We upgraded the auction software and you will have to re-register in order to bid. Go here to register: http://charity.ausxip.com/register.php
Go to the user registration page and fill in the details. You MUST supply your full name, valid address, phone number an be over 18 years of age. If you do not supply these details your registration will be not be approved. All registrations are approved by AUSXIP Staff before you can bid. If you wish to email us about your registration please send an email to http://ausxip.com/contact.html
PLEASE USE THE CORRECT SHIPPING ADDRESS. This address will be used to mail your item out.
7. The site says "Currency is in ($) unless otherwise noted. Is this always in *NZ* dollars? Or is it in the $ currency of the country of the seller?
AUSXIP Charity Site is usually in US Dollars but we have reverted this to New Zealand Dollars for this one off item.
Please go to http://xe.com to convert your currency
The successful bidder will be in contact with Starship and arrange payment.
The item will be shipped from Auckland, New Zealand
You will co-ordinate this with Starship